Saturday, September 26, 2009

Of sweethearts and queens

Antonio Berardi's SS10 showed a lot of sweetheart bust lines, a classic romantic look that doesn't seem to come around enough these days. Two of the looks that really struck me or caught my favour were these two:


Once a while a go, I saw a friend's picture where she wears vintage black dress with chiffon top and it struck me how simple yet very feminine and sensual that detail can be. Ever since then, I've been looking out for dresses or tops like this and have yet to find the perfect one. However, this piece from Araks comes close. The graphic lines that accentuates the curves gives the soft look a modern twist for that uptown cocktail style.

This tube sweetheart dress won me over on both sides - front and back. The graphic lines and the colour block that reminds me of the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland, but a slimmer and contemporary one. Instead of black, the back of this dress is blue.

Images: Style.com

No comments: